Forensic Mental Health Insider
Official Membership Publication of AIAFS
Volume 1, Issue 1
- Arsonist Sub-Types How Understanding Them Assists in Investigations and Treatment [Forensic Mental Health Columnist Interview]
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and Competency to Stand Trial (CST): A Need for Greater Understanding and Further Research
- Confabulation among Offender Populations: Facts Correctional Professionals Need to Know
- Data-Driven Decision Making- One States Efforts to Improve Juvenile Justice Outcomes [Forensic Mental Health Columnist Interview]
- The Essentiality of Sleep While Recovering From Depression
- Ten Facts about Youth Firesetting that Law Enforcement Professionals Need to Know
Volume 1, Issue 2
- Desistance from Crime: An Introduction for Criminal Justice Professionals
- Policing the People – Mental Health, Diversity, Ethics [Forensic Mental Health Columnist Interview]
- Quick Guide for Parents: What to Expect as a Caretaker of a Child with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Repercussions of Bullying on Adolescent Mental Health
- Unintended Mental Consequences of Gang Membership
Volume 1, Issue 3
- Agency Spotlight-Building Bridges [Forensic Mental Health Columnist Interview]
- Agency Spotlight-Pregnancy and Postpartum Support MN (PSI Minnesota) [Forensic Mental Health Columnist Interview]
- Applying Psychology to Law: An Expert Interview with Dr. Carlo Giacomoni [Forensic Mental Health Columnist Interview]
- Empowering Individuals Toward Their Dreams - One Caseload at Time: Case Management Best Practices (A Five-Part Series)
- Expanding Minds Through Experience [Forensic Mental Health Columnist Interview]
- Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD) is a Social Issue
- General Aggression Model (GAM): Overview and Application
- The Internet, Social Media, and Gangs: A Brief
- Member Spotlight Article - Kristy Donaldson, Ph.D., LPC-S, RPT-S, CHST
- Perinatal Mental Health: Why Screening isn’t Enough
- Postpartum Mental Health: Why Screening Isn’t Enough
- Sleep and Suicide: A Tangible Intervention
- Vertical Heterophoria: An Overlooked Symptom of Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
You must be a member to read these articles.
Peer Review Panel
Forensic Mental Health Insider (FMHI) is peer-reviewed by professionals from the fields of criminal justice, education, forensics, human service, law, and psychology. The names of these professionals are included on the right side of every FMHI article.
Dream of Being Published?
If you’re interested in publishing an article in Forensic Mental Health Insider, please send us an email. An AIAFS representative will then reach out to you to discuss your topic idea as well as review our publication process.
About the Publication
Forensic Mental Health Insider is the official, quarterly membership publication of the American Institute for the Advancement of Forensic Studies (AIAFS). It is one of two publications in the Forensic Scholars Membership Program. Every article is written with the intention of providing informative, clear-cut and useful information for professionals and students interested in learning more about topics related to the field of forensic mental health.
Forensic Mental Health Columnist
Cheryl Arndt, Ph.D., is the Forensic Mental Health Columnist for the Forensic Mental Health Insider publication. Cheryl conducts exclusive interviews of professionals in forensic mental health disciplines. Click here for her biography.
Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) Expert Columnist
Brooke Luckhardt, MS, CBIS, is the Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) Expert Columnist for the Forensic Mental Health Insider publication. Click here for her full biography.