Customized for You
The American Institute for the Advancement of Forensic Studies (AIAFS) is dedicated to providing specialized training for professionals, scholars, and the community on topics relevant to Criminal Justice and forensic disciplines.
Students seeking a degree in Criminal Justice, Psychology, Social Work, Medical Studies, Law, and other related fields are encouraged to pursue an Academic Internship with AIAFS. The opportunity to participate in this dynamic organization will be offered to individuals who exhibit a desire to grow professionally in their knowledge and involvement with forensic studies.
What’s in it for me?
As an AIAFS intern, you will gain valuable professional experience and participate in networking and resume-building activities.
Following are examples of activities in which the AIAFS intern may be involved:
- Organize and attend free conferences
- Interview professionals in the industry, by phone and in person
- Develop databases of current and future recipients of AIAFS trainings
- Research topics that will enhance knowledge based training events
- Maintain and distribute AIAFS materials for use at training conferences and public appearances
- Create PowerPoint presentations and collateral materials for training and marketing
What will AIAFS expect from me?
Academic Interns at AIAFS will be expected to maintain the following:
- High level of professionalism
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge and exhibition of ethical practices
How will I know if I’m right for this internship?
The AIAFS Academic Intern will exhibit the following qualities:
- Be currently enrolled in a Forensic-related program of study.
- Enjoy being part of a team
- Be able to pass the background check
- Carry personal liability insurance, as a student or individually
- Demonstrate ability to exercise independent judgment; identify and resolve problems
- Have good communication, organization, and time management skills
- Be personable and have a professional telephone manner
- Have experience utilizing Microsoft Office and databases