Meet AIAFS' Expert Trainers
Jennifer Sweeton, Psy.D., M.S., M.A.
Originally trained as a neuroscientist, Dr. Jennifer Sweeton is a licensed clinical psychologist, best-selling author, and internationally-recognized expert on trauma, anxiety, and the neuroscience of mental health. She is the author of the book, Trauma Treatment Toolbox, published by PESI Publishing & Media. Dr. Sweeton completed her doctoral training at the Stanford University School of Medicine, the Pacific Graduate School of Psychology, and the National Center for PTSD. Additionally, she holds a master's degree in affective neuroscience from Stanford University, and studied behavioral genetics at Harvard University.
Dr. Sweeton resides in the greater Kansas City area, where she owns a group private practice, Kansas City Mental Health Associates, and co-owns Mind Works Professional Education, Inc., a continuing education company. She formerly served as the President of the Oklahoma Psychological Association, and holds adjunct faculty appointments at the University of Kansas School of Medicine and the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center. She is the current President of the Greater Kansas City Psychological Association. Dr. Sweeton offers psychological services services to clients in Oklahoma, Kansas, and internationally, and is a sought-after trauma and neuroscience expert who has trained more than 10,000 mental health professionals in her workshops.
Other highlights of her career include:
- Rhodes Scholar National Semi-Finalist
- American Psychological Association Early Career Achievement Award
- Oklahoma's Top 40 Under 40 Professionals
- Stanford University Center for International Conflict and Negotiation Fellowship
- Mensa Member Award Program Recipient
- National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security Graduate Fellowship
- NASA Ames human factors researcher
- Recipient of over 30 additional paid awards and grants